The Learning-Aligned Employment Program (LAEP) offers eligible students at public colleges and universities the opportunity to earn money to help defray their educational costs while gaining education-aligned, career-related employment. LAEP allows a participating student placement in an educationally beneficial position that relates to the student’s area of study, career objective, or the exploration of career objectives. The program includes and emphasizes positions for students with employers that are capable of providing them with full-time employment opportunities after graduation, or opportunities to connect with other employers that are capable of providing them with full-time employment opportunities after graduation, within their areas of study.
Eligible students are from an underrepresented background and meet all the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled at least half-time
- California resident classification
- Satisfactory academic progress in a program leading to a degree or certificate
- Demonstrated financial need
- Underrepresented background such as low income, first generation college students, current or former foster youth
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Employed in a research position on campus
All eligible students will be awarded on their FAN based on funding and eligibility requirements.
Students cannot hold both a Work Study Position and a LAEP position during the same year.