Welcome Bruins! By now you probably have a pretty good idea of how financial aid works at UCLA, but there may be some areas that you still do not understand, or have not experienced in prior years. With that in mind, we want to remind you that our office is dedicated to assisting you in navigating your way through the financial aid process. This leaves you to focus on what’s most important: your education.
The navigation menu on the left will go into more detail about the financial aid process and some of the most frequently visited areas that are important to many of our students.
Current News and Happenings
- Summer Financial Aid Applications are open now on MyUCLA > Finances and Jobs > Summer Financial Aid Application
- 2021 Summer Financial Aid Calculator : Estimate your financial aid award for summer sessions. (You must be signed in to myUCLA in order to access the link). Note: You will not be able to use the calculator if you have not yet completed your 2021/2022 Financial Aid application. Learn more about summer financial aid.
- COVID Support Appeal Form : If you have insufficient resources to cover your COVID-19 related expenses, the COVID Support Appeal Form is available.
- The UC and UCLA are still waiting on guidance on the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (HEERF II) signed into law on December 27, 2020. We will post additional information on our home page as more information becomes available to us. Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting : Cares Act expenditure information can be accessed here.
- Projected Income Appeals: If the Expected Family Contribution on your Student Aid Report is 0, submitting a projected year income appeal for students/parents will not further decrease your EFC. Given that zero is the lowest EFC number, you have been offered the maximum amount of Financial Aid available.
- Students can authorize third-party access to their financial aid information via MyUCLA under "Settings"
Manage Your Aid
Use MyUCLA to manage your financial aid information. MyUCLA provides access to the status of your financial aid file and required documentation, applications for summer aid and scholarship applications.