We understand that you and your family may have a lot of questions about how you will cover your expenses while at UCLA. Our website is designed to provide you with information about the financial aid process and a variety of programs that will help you make your UCLA education affordable.  

If you have been impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and need additional information about the resources available to you at UCLA, refer to our COVID-19 FAQ below or send us a message via Message Center. Additional information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is also available via the UCLA Newsroom



  • CARES Act Grant Funding: Detailed information about eligibility is accessible via the UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships CARES Act FAQ Webpage.

  • UCLA Impact Grant: If you did not qualify for the Need-Based CARE Grant or have additional COVID-19 related expenses that were not covered by the Universal or Need-Based Grant, you can request a UCLA Impact Grant by submitting the CARES Appeal Form. Funding is subject to availability. Your request must be completed by June 5, 2020. 

  • UCLA Universal Grant: For funding consideration you are required to complete a short application/affidavit at: https://sa.ucla.edu/fao/cares. Your request must be completed by June 5, 2020. 

  • Can I make an appointment? You can set up a phone appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor by calling our office at 310-206-0400

  • Office Hours: The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office continues to operate under normal business hours. We encourage all students to submit documents through the document upload feature via MyUCLA.  Students Uploading Documentation  or Third Party Uploading Documentation on behalf of the student 

  • Housing Changes:  If you cancel your housing contract for Spring, you do not need to contact our office. Your Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid for Spring Quarter will remain the same.

  • What happens if I decide to take a term off: If you do not enroll, you will not receive financial aid for that quarter. However; your eligibility for future quarters will not be affected. We recommend that you see your academic advisor any time your enrollment plans change to make sure that you are still on track to graduation.

  • What happens if I need to drop a class or enroll less than full time in the Spring? Department of Education does not have the authority to relax compliance requirements related to unit requirements. Financial aid eligibility is verified based on the units you are enrolled in at the end of 3rd week of each quarter. You must be enrolled half time (4 units for graduate students, 6 units for undergraduate students) to remain eligible for financial aid. Most undergraduate grant programs require full time enrollment and your eligibility will be reduced, if you are enrolled in less than 12 units at census. Winter Quarter census date has already passed. Spring Quarter census date was April 17, 2020.

  • What happens if I am approved for a reduced fee plan? If your tuition and fees are reduced, we are required to adjust your cost of attendance to reflect the changes and recalculate your eligibility for financial aid. If financial aid resources paid for your tuition and fees, any reductions or refunds approved must be returned back to financial aid.

  • What happens if I withdraw? Unfortunately, Department of Education does not have the authority to relax compliance requirements related to withdrawals. If you withdraw (officially or unofficially), Financial Aid and Scholarships office is required to perform a calculation to determine how much of the financial aid you received for the term needs to be returned. The later in the term you withdraw, the more of your financial aid will be considered “earned” and the impact on your financial aid will be smaller. You can find additional information in our Guide to Return of Title IV Aid.

  • Can I file a financial aid appeal if my family is now experiencing a financial hardship due to loss of income as a result of COVID-19?  If your 2020 income will be drastically lower than the income reported on the 19-20 or 2020-21 FAFSA , we recommend reviewing the Appeals webpage for more information, including how to file an appeal.

  • FWS: For the latest information on work-study, please visit our Work-Study Webpage

  • FAFSA and the DREAM Act Application for 2020-2021 opened on October 1st. The priority deadline to apply was March 2nd, 2020.  Applications are still being accepted. 

  • Students can authorize third-party access to their financial aid information via MyUCLA under "Settings"

  • The Summer Session Estimated Financial Aid Calculator is now available. For more information visit the Summer Information Section of our Website.

Manage Your Aid

Use MyUCLA to manage your financial aid information. MyUCLA provides access to the status of your financial aid file and required documentation, applications for summer aid and scholarship applications.

Walk in services are not currently available. Visit the Contact Us section of our webpage for alternate contact methods.

We are available virtually from 9am-4pm Monday through Friday