Awards from UCLA areas beyond Financial Aid and Scholarships
Welcome UCLA staff members! We look forward to assisting you so that you can assist our students. On this page, you will be able to find information on processing departmental awards for undergraduate students. Please feel free to contact our office at UCLAscholarships@fas.ucla.edu if you have any questions.
There are two awarding methods included in our instructions, based on the award recipient’s status as a UCLA student or not, but both follow these basic guidelines:
1. Any award offered can impact an enrolled student’s existing financial aid awards. If the student is already receiving financial aid for the award period, please advise the recipient to consult their FAN to determine their remaining eligibility. If there isn’t room, they may contact Financial Aid and Scholarships via MyUCLA for additional information on their award eligibility.
a. If the solution is to submit a budget increase, so the full award amount can be received, this increase must be approved before the award is submitted, or the student’s other gift aid may be reduced.
2. All awards will be processed via the FAM (Financial Aid Management) and BAR (Billing and Receivables) systems. Departments may use only 77xxxx, or 79xxxx accounts to pay awards through these systems. Please be certain that the full accounting unit (including account, cost center, and fund) has been linked and activated prior to submitting this form.
3. Exception letters must accompany these requests in order to pay out the award to any award recipient enrolled in less than 6 units.
- Payments may not represent payment for services rendered as an employee or independent contractor; such compensatory wage payments must be made through the Payroll and/or Accounts Payable systems.
More detailed instructions can be found in the forms below.
- Scholarship Upload Form and Instructions (For guidance on how to complete the form)
- Department New Scholarship Request Form
- UCLA Provisional Aid Letter Scholarship Award Form (Awards for prospective students
UCLA Undergraduate Students: Blackbaud Award Management (BAM)
Welcome to the next phase of awarding UCLA students via the Blackbaud Award Management (BAM) System. The BAM portal allows you to collect scholarship applications, review them securely, make award offers, and collect post-acceptance questions and thank you notes to create donor reports.
To start awarding through BAM, please contact Financial Aid and Scholarships at UCLAscholarships@fas.ucla.edu to request a new user account.
Non-UCLA Undergraduate Students: Scholarship Upload Form
The award upload form is used to request payment of departmental scholarship funding to non-UCLA undergraduate students OR students that are not enrolled in UCLA classes.