Welcome to the award transmittal section for UCLA staff members. We look forward to assisting you, so that you can assist our students. On this page, you will be able to find information on processing departmental awards for undergraduate students. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
Blackbaud Award Management (BAM) Transmittal Instructions
Welcome to the next phase of the electronic Financial Aid Award Transmittal via the Blackbaud Award Management (BAM) System. The BAM portal allows you to collect scholarship applications, review them securely, make award offers, and collect post-acceptance questions and thank you notes to create donor reports.
If you are interested in awarding through BAM, please contact Financial Aid and Scholarships at UCLAscholarships@fas.ucla.edu to request a new user account.
New: UCLA Undergraduate Scholarship Upload Form
This form is used for current students OR to request payment of departmental scholarship funding to non-UCLA undergraduate students participating in the UCLA ROTC program that attend another university OR students that are participating in a summer research program and are not enrolled in UCLA classes. Exception letters must accompany the requests in order to pay out the award to non-enrolled students.
- Payments may not represent payment for services rendered as an employee or independent contractor; such compensatory wage payments must be made through the Payroll and/or Accounts Payable systems.
1. Payments requested using this form can impact the student’s existing financial aid awards. Please advise the recipient to consult their school’s Financial Aid and Scholarships office (including ROTC students) for additional information.
2. All payments on this award transmittal will be processed via the FAM (Financial Aid Management) and BAR (Billing and Receivables) systems. Departments may use only 77xxxx, or 79xxxx accounts to pay awards through these systems. Please be certain that the full accounting unit (including account, cost center, and fund) has been linked and activated prior to submitting this form.
3. All students who require a GLACIER record to be completed must have this process done before a transmittal is submitted to Financial Aid and Scholarships. Initial GLACIER request to be completed by the awarding department.
- UCLA Undergraduate Scholarships Upload Form
(For guidance on how to complete the form, view the Scholarship Upload Form Instructions )
- Department New Scholarship Request Form
ACADEMIC YEAR TABLE:
Pay code Description
0 Total amount equally divided between terms
1 Total amount paid in FALL term only
2 Total amount paid in WINTER quarter only
3 Total amount paid in SPRING term only
4 Total amount equally divided between FALL/WTR QTRS
5 Total amount equally divided between WTR/SPRG QTRS
6 Total amount equally divided between FALL/SPRG TERMS
7 Total amount equally divided across 9 months
8 Total amount unequally divided between TERMS (enter amounts in appropriate box)
BOX 1 = FALL
BOX 4 = WINTER
BOX 7 = SPRING
9 Total amount unequally divided between months (enter amounts in appropriate months)
BOX 1 = OCT
BOX 2 = NOV
BOX 3 = DEC
Pay code Description
0 Total amount paid in single disbursement (for enrollment in 1st & 2nd summer sessions)
1 Total amount paid in 1st summer session
2 Total amount paid in 2nd summer session
3 Total amount paid in July
4 Total amount paid in August
5 Total amount paid in September
6 Total amount equally divided between Aug/Sept months
7 Total amount equally divided between three summer months
8 Total amount unequally distributed between 1st & 2nd summer sessions (enter amounts in appropriate boxes)
BOX 1 = 1st summer session
BOX 2 = 2nd summer session
9 Total amount unequally distributed between summer months (enter amounts in appropriate boxes)
BOX 1 = JUL
BOX 2 = AUG
BOX 3 = SEPT